Pages

Pages

Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Ten random literary facts about me...

I have two author monikers: MQW and Marc Avery. I've been writing since 2006 and I love detective novels and pretty much anything that grabs my attention. Here's a few things you may not have known about me.

1. I used to write detective stories before I was in high school. I didn't actually start to write a detective novel until last year.

2. I got into reading because my mother told me one day I couldn't play video games. I got mad and went into another room and a book caught my attention. The book was Omar Tyree's Flyy Girl.

3. The first book I ever sold was to a barber at a barbershop I used to go to.

4. Usually when I do a book signing I eat fried chicken afterwards. I don't care where it's from either as long as its fried.

5. My favorite book of all time is Pretend You Don't see her by Mary Higgins Clark.

6. Every time I've stepped out of my reading comfort zone I came away impressed. One of the best books I read outside of my comfort zone was The Deal, the dance, and the devil by Victoria Christopher Murray.

7. The longest book signing I've ever had was 9 hours.

8. I've had booksignings where I sold one book or no books. I learned how to better sell them because of those instances.

9. I prefer to read at a cafe instead of at home.

10. Usually if I'm reading a book I know within the first couple of pages if I will like it or not.

No comments: