Pages

Pages

Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Book Signings

I heard about a new book store opening in Salisbury, Maryland and I became excited. Many of the black bookstores I frequented over the years have shut down for one reason or another. So news of a new establishment was a breath of fresh air. I took a case of books and marketing materials and me, my wife, and my oldest son took a trip down to Maryland. I wasn't prepared for the beach traffic we endured, but its a part of the business. I'm not the most patient person and we didnt get to the venue until 1:40. (I was scheduled for 1:00) I was really impressed with Eric's professionalism. He did everything he said he would do. He put out an email blast, put me on the event list on the mall's website and plasteted his store with promo for me and my cause. Also people he informed through social media showed up as well. We tag teamed the respectable crowd flowing through the mall and had a pretty solid day. The store is in a good location for foot traffic. If an author is willing to put work in they can have s succesful day out there. When we left the mall we went to a little spot called English's Famous Fried Chicken. I'm usually skeptical of food places that have famous in their marketing. They delivered on everything and now I have a spot to go to after my book signings in Maryland. I'm definitely going back again. Salisbury showed me much love!


Urban Oasis
2300 N. Salisbury Blvd.
Suite H135
Salisbury, Md 21801

410-742-4857

No comments: